Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I LOVE 4th OF JULY!

4th of July weekend is almost here! I love the 4th of July! Last year I was in New York City with Darla watching the Yankees lose to Boston (which was amazing!) so this will be my first Sun Valley 4th! Our buddies (Shannon & Beaver) that moved away about 2 months ago will be here to visit. We're so excited to see them. Also, an old college friend (that used to sleep on my living room floor) is coming to visit! Drew still lives in the Portland area and this will be our first visual contact since I moved out here. Daniel and I are planning on taking Drew for some good hikes and bikes, possibly camping, but for sure going to the Rodeo and the 4th of July Parade. Should be a blast! Stay tuned for photos...

Other than the anticipation of a great weekend, we have some new things in our life.... While I was away coaching at a high school basketball tournament this past weekend, Daniel got us a little surprise! I came home to a new canopy on the truck! We've been keeping our eyes peeled for a canopy that we wouldn't have to buy brand new. It's been a bear trying to find one that fits our truck... but sure enough, Daniel did it! Timber was a little unsure about it at first, but he loves it now. It'll be so great for camping this summer, our road trip we're planning at the end of July, and during the winter, etc etc etc.

After nearly a solid month of rain, which was so endearing and reminded us of home sweet home, the sun is finally shining on a daily basis in Sun Valley. It's been great getting beautiful hikes in, especially since wild flowers are out in full bloom and the mountainsides are as green as ever before right now!

I'll come bearing photos next time! Until then... Happy 4th of July!
Loves, L&D