Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Greatest Job Ever Sometimes!

My job is so great sometimes! Last week I got to take a group of teens on a river rafting trip up north on the south fork of the Payette River. How lucky am I !?!?! Got there by driving a mini-bus over the pass. The trip to the Payette River Company's headquarters was a little over 2 hours. That time framed allowed for about 157 "Are we there yets?" The kids were little hellions, but I love hellion kids so it was loads of fun. We only had to get the first aid kit out one time. It was a great "I told you so" moment because I had just been telling the 2 ring leaders to slow their rolls and one fell on some rocks at lunch and tore up his knee (he ended up being fine). The section of the river we took was called The Canyon. Got to experience about 15 class 3 and 4 rapids and even had to get out and tow our boats over the canyonesque shore to bypass five 7-20 foot waterfalls that created a rather dangerous section. The trip was so fabulous. I was in heaven on the river. So gorgeous! Don't have any pics of the actual trip sicne I don't have a waterproof camera (I need your camera, Shannon!) but here is a pre-launch pic of the group.