Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


I organized a Valentine's Day "Amazing Race" around Ketchum. Needless to say, Daniel got hozed into helping me with one of the stations I set up. Here he is operating the Limbo station. Participants got a riddle-ish clue that they had to guess what business it was leading them to. Once they arrived at the correct location they had an activity awaiting them. Limbo-ing with cross country skis on was this one. Also had spam sandwich eating, schooner chugging, bowling, etc. It was a great event!


Moe & Coach got second place!




The day after Valentine's Day, Daniel decided that we should go on a beginner touring hill... I've never skinned or powder ski-ed. It was a doozy!

Timber & Daniel w/ beautiful Baldy in the background. The short skin up was great! But the way down... not so much.


And... fall #1. Timber is kicking my butt down the hill... it's not even a mountain, it's a hill!


Fall #2. Thanks for coming back to help Timber.


And... fall #3 in midturn.



After my last fall 40 feet from the car, I decided screw it and just walked down with skis in hand.
Definitely need to work on my turns in ungroomed snow!
I was mad, to say the least, at how bad I was at this! But... With LOTS of practice I'll master it!